Cinnamon has been known for centuries for it’s spicy, warm and sweet aroma, it’s flavor it adds to food, and its internal health benefits. Steam distilled from bark, Cinnamon’s additional therapeutic properties can now be capitalized easily through this essential oil. Because it works within the Immune System, this oil is promotes circulation that allows it to aid with aches and pains.
The best way to relieve those aches and pains is to dilute 1 drop oil with 3 drops fractionated coconut oil and apply directly to reflex points and area of concern. Although skin sensitization can occur if used too frequently. Be cautious when diffusing because Cinnamon can irritate the nasal membranes, and don’t use if you are pregnant. When taken internally, dilute one drop in 2 tsp honey or in 8 oz of beverage or take in a capsule.
Cinnamon enhances the activity and action of any oil it blends with. Specifically citrus oils, cypress, frankincense, geranium, lavender, rosemary, and all spice oils work well with Cinnamon. Historically, this ancient spice was utilized for nearly everything in China, from acting as a tranquilizer to a weak heart. In France, it has been used as a sexual stimulant and to fight vaginitis, tropical infection and typhoid.
Printable Cinnamon Handouts[/column]
Cinnamon Safety Precautions
Very hot. Avoid during pregnancy. Dilute 1:4 with carrier oil, can cause extreme skin irritation. Caution when diffusing or inhaling from bottle, can burn nasal passages.
- Cinnamon is antibacterial (Fabio et al., 2007).
- Cinnamon is antibacterial (Filoche et al., 2005).
- Cinnamon helps breathing – (Inouye et al., 2001).
- Cinnamon fights infection (Smith-Palmer et al., 2004).
- Cinnamon is antifungal (Juglal et al., 2002).
- Cinnamon is antifungal (Tantaoui-Elaraki et al., 1994).
- Cinnamon is antifungal (Singh et al., 1995).
- Cinnamon fights diabetes (Subash et al., 2007).
- Cinnamon fights diabetes (Ping et al., 2010).
Scientific Name: Cinnamomum zeylanicum
Country/Region of Origin: Indonesia
Extraction Method: Steam distillation from bark
Submit your testimonials in the comment section below and they will be featured on the site.
You may also submit video testimonials to email@example.com to be featured on the site.