- Oil Uses & Benefits
- Parties & Classes
• Soothes monthly discomfort associated with menstrual cycles
• Helps balance hormones
• Soothes nervous tension and lightens mood
• Calming and soothing to the skin
Application: A T I N
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Woody, herbal, coniferous
Main Chemical Components: Linalyl acetate
Plant Part: Flower
Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height. Clary Sage is known for its ability to ease monthly menstrual cycles and help balance hormones. The main chemical component of Clary Sage is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils. In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was nicknamed “clear eyes” for its positive effects on the eyes, and it was frequently used for female discomfort, as a throat gargle, and for soothing minor skin irritations. Inhaling Clary Sage can soothe nervous tension, lighten mood, and create a sense of euphoria.
• For menstrual discomfort, rub three to five drops on the abdomen.
• Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a stress-relieving bath.
• Apply to feet or pulse points to help balance hormones.
• Diffuse or apply to pillow at night for a restful sleep.
• Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy hair and scalp.
• Combine with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.