- Oil Uses & Benefits
- Do It Yourself
- Makeovers & Classes
- Training Challenges
- Rank Advancement
• Used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent
• Provides immune-enhancing benefits
• Supports healthy digestion and respiratory function
• Excellent source of antioxidants
Application: A T I D
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Herbaceous, sharp, green, camphoraceous
Main Chemical Components: Carvacrol, thymol
Plant Part: leaf
Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional medicine for its cleansing and immune-boosting properties. The primary chemical components of Oregano are carvacol and thymol, both in the phenols group, which possess purifying and antioxidant properties. Due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling or diffusing Oregano; only one to two drops is needed. Additionally, Oregano should be diluted with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin. Oregano essential oil contains phenols—powerful antioxidants that ward off free radicals. One drop taken daily can help maintain healthy immune function; Oregano should be taken more frequently when seasonal threats are high or as needed to further boost immunity. In addition to being a popular cooking spice, Oregano supports healthy digestion by promoting the secretion of digestive juices. When diffused, Oregano acts as an enhancer and equalizer in essential oil blends and can help maintain healthy respiratory function.
• Take one drop daily to boost immunity when seasonal threats are high.
• Rub Oregano essential oil and Fractionated Coconut Oil on the bottom of your feet to help boost your immune system.
• Put one drop in place of dried oregano in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, or on a roast.
• Put 10 drops in a 16-ounce spray bottle with water for a surface spray.
• Mix one to two drops with water and gargle to soothe an irritated throat.
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to desired area. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.